playlist for a broken heart

 




playlist for a broken heart 
by: estefaaano_writes 


"Music is the soundtrack to our souls. It can heal, it can hurt, and it can guide us through the storm."


-

Track 1: OUR SONG

Bass thumping like my hopeful heart,
Your voice harmonizing with mine.
I hit repeat, again, again,
Lost in our perfect rhyme.


Track 3: HONEYMOON 

Soft acoustics and gentle lyrics,
A lullaby of new love's gleam.
We sway together, eyes locked tight,
Living our sweetest dream.


Track 5: DISCOURSE

Discordant notes, 
Painful clash,
Volume rising with each verse.

A melody we once created,
Now sounds like a curse.


Track 7: BLUES

A slow, 
Soulful tune of regrets.
Harmony—
Tentatively restored.
Underneath the mended notes,
Doubt's dissonance still roars.


Track 9: SILENCE

The pause between songs—
Stretches long,

Static filling empty space.

I strain to hear your voice again,
But silence has taken its place.


Track 11: PIQUE

Heavy metal 
Screams our fury,
Guitars wail what words can't say.

I thrash and shout along with it,
Purging pain in my own way.


Track 13: TEARS AND WINE

Melancholy piano, 
Mournful strings,
A soundtrack for sleepless nights.

I let the sadness wash over me,
Bathing in neon lights.


Track 15: ON REPEAT

A mixtape of our 
Greatest hits,
Bittersweet nostalgic seasons.

I listen through just one last time,
Before I pack away it all.


Track 17: DISCLOSURE 

A beat 
I'd forgotten I loved,

Awakens something within.

My foot taps, 
My spirits lift,
As I let a new song begin.


Track 19: AFFINITY 

A ballad all my own,
Celebrating who I've become.
Each verse,
A step towards healing,
A new chapter just begun.


Track 21: FRIENDS AND LAUGHTER

Upbeat tunes,
And cheerful rhythms,
Reminding me—
Joy still has a place.

Surrounded by those who stayed,
I find my smile, 
My saving grace.


Track 23: COUP

Bass drops, 
My heart soars,
I'm dancing on my own.
This playlist ends with me, myself.
Strong, and finally grown.


Track 25: BEGIN AGAIN

Fresh melody fills the air.
Possibility, 
Such sweet refrain.
My heart opens to its rhythm,
Ready to love, 
To risk again.

Comments

  1. This piece reminded me of those late nights spent pouring over my own playlist, trying to find the perfect song to express my emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The musical metaphor in this piece is brilliant. It perfectly captures the emotional journey of healing. This isn't about my love life right? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The progression of the playlist from sadness to hope is beautifully executed. It's like experiencing the soundtrack to a personal healing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying the metaphors you're using in this poem collection!
    Very unique and thought-provoking!
    Another masterpiece estefaaano_writes!!! 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  6. An entire playlist for a love story,,, what a unique concept estefaaano_writes! None can do it like you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts