Turbulent waters



turbulent waters 

by: estefaaano_writes 


"In the heart of the storm, we find our strength."


-

This glass-smoothed surface

Of my carefully composed face.

A maelstrom churns.


Thoughts, they crash like waves,

Against the shores of my mind.

Eroding certainties,

Transforming the landscape of my soul.


In the depths of eventides,

A voice is heard,

Promising the seductive peace of the abyss.


I am adrift inside this vast internal sea,

One moment bouyed by hope,

The next, dragged under by lost currents.


The taste of salt on my lips,

Are they tears or sea spray?

Both sting, both heal.


Through each passing tide,

I learn rhythms of this restless ocean.

As my arms grow stronger,

My strokes move sure.


The storm rages on, 

Unabated.

I am no longer afraid, 

For I have become the storm.


Through the heart of the tempest,

I find my center,

A calm eye amidst the chaos.


Turbulent waters,

My challenge, my home.

Here, I,


Charting a course,

Through the unknown.

Comments

  1. The imagery in 'Turbulent Waters' is breathtaking. I could almost feel the waves crashing around me. 🌊🌊

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a remarkable talent for painting pictures with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "for I have become the storm" the power you hold estefaaano_writes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my challenge, my home" hits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts, they crash like waves,
    Against the shores of my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts