tête-à-tête

 




tête-à-tête 

by: estefaaano_writes 



"Words can be both a bridge and a barrier. Choose them wisely."


-

Behind closed doors,

Words flowed like tides, 

Emotions soared.


We never talked about,

How you guilt tripped me 

To open up to you.


The trust we built on shaky ground,

Crumbles softly, without a sound.


Now, in the quiet after,

I sift through memories like sand,

Grains of joy and sorrow intermixed,

No longer able to reprimand.


Your flaws, my flaws, a tangled knot.


Of good intentions gone awry.

The silence between speaks volumes,

Of words we left unsaid, and why.


No villain in this story,

Just two imperfect souls.


The aftermath leaves room for growth,

My greatest takeaway.



Comments

  1. I love the way you explore the complexities of love and relationships in 'Tête-à-tête.'
    Such a powerful exploration of human connection. I wanna come inside your brain 🧠

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your flaws, my flaws, a tangled knot." permission to borrow this idol 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the poem's message about the importance of open and honest communication is essential.
    To more poem collections! Grabe kana estefaaano_writes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just two imperfect souls."
    yep, he said it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "words we left unsaid, and why." :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts