someone

 


someone 

by: estefaaano_writes 



"In the currents of love, we can be both adrift and grounded."


-

The sun is parting with the clouds,

The ballroom was flooded by crowd.

They were mesmerized, 

Watch me collapse to the ground.


All dressed up, 

I see you look so dashing tonight.

The chandelier was shining blue.

As I'm dancing on the dance floor next you.


You remember me just like a bad dream,

But baby we look so good together.

And I remember you like you were brand new,

I thought you'd stay that way forever.


You said I love you too soon.

We were parked on an open sea view.

I think you said too much.


We were naked on the front seat,

You made me someone,

For once I was someone,

That I made someone to my myself.

But I started seeing your red strings,

You made me somebody else.


It happened on a Thursday night,

You wanted me to say it back.


You always beat me to the punchline,

You're faster than I've ever been.

But I don't mind coming out last.


If you come any closer,

I will fall into your arms.

I always knew what I was doing,

Giving you something to believe in.


You whispered secrets in my ear, 

I believed every single word, dear. 

You took my hand, 

And we took a ride, 

Through the city lights, 

Where love resides.


But little did I know, 

You had a plan, 

To take control of my hand. 

You made me dance, 

To the rhythm of your heart, 

And I lost myself, 

In the beat from the very start.


Comments

  1. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity to experience your art.
    Your words have touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power dynamics and manipulation is thought-provoking and relevant.
    It feels familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The line 'you made me someone' is particularly powerful.
    It highlights the transformative nature of relationships.
    I'm not crying, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost see the scene of you dancing together in the ballroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. reminding us that even the strongest of us can be hurt

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You made me someone,
    For once I was someone,
    That I made someone to my myself."
    I'll be quoting you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poem touches on the intensity of a relationship, with lines suggesting both the euphoria of falling in love and the potential pain or confusion that can come with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts