dying tree



 

dying tree

estefaaano writes 

-

I see now,

The Folly 

Of my desperate clinging,

To a dying tree,

That gave back nothing.

Though I poured out my heart, 

It remained unmoved.


Its responses 

Stiff and unyielding.


Would you forsake

Your family's expectations

Just to stand 

By my side until the end?


Your commitments 

Speak louder 

Than our love ever could.


When I contemplated 

Ending it all,

The world seemed 

To cry out in protest,

Every living thing.


Reaching out,

To keep my weary soul,

Tethered to life.


How I wish our paths 

Had never intersected.

For in your absence, 

I felt utterly lost.

In the darkness, 

Bearing the weight,

Of longing for someone 

As cold as winter.


Yet beneath each mask 

And persona I tried on.

My authentic self remained, 

Steadfast and true.

And you, 

Too, 

Were present in everything.


Appearing in all I did, 

Whether I wanted it or not.


Comments

Popular Posts