RUN DOWN





 

run down

by: estefaaano_writes


-

Frustration's fist clenches my gut,

A pressure like a scream.


Did I crave patience, or did patience crave me? 

Such a twisted dream.


My jaw tightens, nostrils flare, 

A volcano in my skull.


Boiling thoughts erupt, 

Words I'd choose more wisely if I could pull myself together.


Whitewash on the forehead hardens the brain.


Yearning for your touch, 

A whisper soft, like seeds you've sown.


In fertile ground, where knowing and seeing stand apart.

A truth unraveled, a fascinating aesthetic within my heart.


To the world, an iron fortress.

To me, the boundless sky.


Your signals flicker, mixed and dim.

A truth none can deny.


Was I ever truly sorry, for the loss that dimmed your light?

Or did I grieve the reflection, the absence of my might?

Comments

Popular Posts