IN WHAT WORLD?





in what world?

by: estefaaano_writes 


-

We danced together, you're not that good. 

You're saying things, that sound like love.

 

I talk to my friends about you,

Pretty sure they're tired of hearing about it. 

"there's someone who treats me real nice" 

You don't ask for too much,

Collapsing is what I'm used to.


We're in an argument,

Something we hold onto. 

You know me so well,

You know my favorite place to eat,

Even the argument that makes me square up to fight. 

You know I love your sister and your mom like they were mine.

Even your friends,

They all know, we're nothing alike.


Given the circumstances,

I would get it if you walk away.

But you didn't. 

You don't want to.


I decided for the both of us,

It seems fitting that things took a dark turn. 

We were just wasting time, 

The months didn't mean nothing.

I don't even know your phone number.

I never did.


When the world stopped moving, 

Like it did last week, 

I wanted you to hold me.


Now you're packing up your things,  

I'll walk you down.

My mom's on the porch,

She wants to say goodbye.

I know it's not ideal, 

I know I didn't cry.

And that said something to you.


I didn't cry,

I don't think I loved you. 


In what world do we exist not separate but as two? 

If that world exists, 

That love might have some chance of being true.


Some nights I cry, 

But these tears are not for you. 


In what world do we exist not separate but as two?

An alternate dimension,

Where I love you too.


If that world exists, 

That love might have some chance of being true.

Comments

  1. hopefully in this world you'd both find the love you deserve. even if its not with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m with you on that 🪽

      Delete
  2. i wonder if he read this already...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts