HERE I AM






here i am

by: estefaaano_writes


-

I sit here, talking to my walls,

Finding faults with our times,

Yet in truth, the times don't sin.


We blame them without cause,

Humans devour each other in plain sight.


Self soothing, and that's fine.


I wander around the backyard,

The colors, the life

They intrigue my idea of the world.


I see a bird.


Here i am, sitting on a bench.

Another late afternoon,

Trying to make time go a little slower.


Pen in my hand,

Trying to tell the whole tale in versing.


This poem that's conned and cared,

Feelings were translated.


The bird said, "Are you out here painting the sky with chalky hues? 

Or Are you here to help me pollinate the flowers?" 

Softly we pass over once,


A hint of relief,

A painkiller.


Better than it first looked,

With my back to a brick wall.

Seeing flow, will was weak, 

and wish overbearing.


Life growing more difficult,

Care not for grief, 

For I can make grief beautiful.


Cared not for them all,

For by caring for them, we make them beautiful.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts