CROWN AND GUESTLIST





crown and guestlist

by: estefaaano_writes 


-

We were written in permanent marker, 

Not even the brightest sun could fade us. 


We wrote our own story.


I always wear the crown you gave me.

I hope you're writing songs you love.

I broke your heart, thinking time wasn't in our favor. 


I'm in my third glass of whiskey, 

Trying to find conversation in the room with bigger names. 


Staring at my drink,

Watching the ice sink.


Lines were growing thin.


I'm in this city, pretending to be busy.


Find myself blaming my sober thoughts from overdrinking.


Writing it all down for the sophomore.


I'm putting you on the guestlist,

And won't mention what all these poems are about.


Soon you'll be 30 and free.


I'll be happy for you,

But unhappy and 23.

Comments

Popular Posts