SOBER

 


sober

by: estefaaano_writes


-


I think about you when I’m faded,

You took me to places I don’t know.

I had a dream you called me pretty, and I told you you were wrong


I look for parts of you in every person that I meet

Drinking it off, Escaping these thoughts

Not so much brain as earwax

I know the drinks won’t hold me over,

Martini got me, I’m a little sober.


In every crowded room, I feel so unnaturally alone

Thinking about my dream;

My visions were never clear,

I play it out inside my head

Lacking self control; always been my biggest flaw


You said you wanna look inside my brain

You wanted to know what’s going on in there


Good things happen to bad people.

Met a stranger, he said chill the fuck out, you’re so young,

I’m twenty something so I tell myself to just grow up

Disillusioned by the world;

Filled myself with apathy.


Unrequired love;

Tried to convince myself

I swear to God I’m not insane


I’m lying on the floor, lying in the bed

Lying next to you, fcking you inside my head.

Applying salt to my wounds; I like it like that.


Told myself you’re nothing special, just an ordinary guy

Such pathetic fascination

Like a painting; like a screen flashing


Beers been poured out

I’m a big rain cloud parked over someone’s boat

Why’d you show up here, in my side of the tracks?

Maybe I’m sober, Maybe I’m not.


You’re a black haired-brown eyed-beautiful buzzkill.

A killjoy; crashing my high

You’re good at mixing feelings,

Like how you mix your drinks.

But it all ends tomorrow,

Wake up and feel not a single thing.


Told myself, never again.

Fck it;

This will never end.

Comments

Popular Posts